We know you have concerns about traveling, and we have implanted additional cleaning and precautionary measures in line with the guidance of the CDC, FDA, OSHA, and the National and Michigan branches of the Restaurant and Lodging Association. They cover all aspects of our operations, including breakfast service, guest room and common area housekeeping and sanitation. Our goal is to ensure the utmost in cleanliness and hygiene every day.
As Hosts . . . We practice social distancing. We will not wear gloves in our home (except when cleaning rooms), but we will wash our hands frequently, and wipe down frequently touched items in the common areas with sanitizer. Our food service and preparation will be of very high quality and safe, as it has always been.
As Guests . . . Please do your part to minimize risks by:
• keeping up to date on your vaccinations (including booster shots)
• washing your hands and/or using hand sanitizer regularly during your stay,
• informing us if you have a positive test within 10 days of your stay.
Breakfast Service We continue to offer a full breakfast prepared with fresh local ingredients customized to your dietary needs. Breakfast is served in our main dining room or on our outdoor patio in good weather. Should our guest count require it, we will have two breakfast settings to accommodate social distancing as the minimum distance between any breakfast tables at the B&B is 6 feet.
• All plates, glassware, and cutlery will have been washed in our dishwasher, sanitized, and stored safely.
• Your table will be set only moments before you come down for your breakfast so there is no risk of contamination to your place settings.
• All food and beverage will be served to your table
Kitchen Cleaning The kitchen is cleaned and sanitized before and after every B&B breakfast. It is also cleaned and sanitized after the hosts make their meals (this is our personal kitchen also). No individuals other than the owners are allowed to touch any surface or use any item in the kitchen. The risks are just too high. Thank you for your understanding.
Food at the B&B While there are good restaurants within walking distance of the Inn, you may wish to order take out, or bring your own food Please adhere to the following rules during your stay:
• If you bring prepared foods, you may store them in your room fridge.
• Hardcase coolers are not allowed in guest rooms, but may be left on the porch or patio. You can bring a soft case cooler with drinks into your room.
• We can supply you with disposable utensils and plates and real glassware if you bring in your own prepared food.
• We can recommend great take-out places locally.
• You can eat in the dining room or on our outdoor patio.
Guest Rooms and Housekeeping Service Every time a guest checks out:
• The entire room is stripped of all linens (sheets, pillowcases, pillow covers, mattress covers, quilts and coverlets). If previous guests used any extra blankets or a quilt, those items are also bagged and removed for cleaning.
• Mattresses are steam cleaned, and beds are remade with clean and sanitized linens after every stay.
• All hard surfaces in guest rooms are cleaned with a sanitizer, including doorknobs, light switches, drawer knobs, window and door handles, TV remote controls.
• All soft surfaces such as chairs will be sprayed with a fabric sanitizing spray.
We have always taken great care in cleaning the ensuite bathrooms in each of our guest rooms.
• All counters, showers, shower doors, handles, vanity tops, drawers and handles are sanitized after they are cleaned.
• All surfaces on the toilet and the toilet paper holder are cleaned and sanitized. Partially used toilet paper rolls are replaced with new, full rolls after every guest check out.
• All bathroom floors are vacuumed, then steamed.
• Our guest bath towels are washed in-house with a non-scented detergent then dried on high heat in our dryer.
Daily Guest Room Housekeeping Service has been discontinued at this time. Please place the trash can or recycle bin outside of your room to signal you want removal. If you are in need of fresh towels, place dirty towels in the laundry bag provided and hang it on your room door when you leave for the day to request fresh towels during your stay. Clean towels will be delivered to your room while you are out. When you check out, simply leave the dirty towels in your shower/tub.
Common Areas are cleaned and sanitized daily. High touch items are cleaned several times each day. Hand sanitizer is located on the podium at the front door, and in the public restroom on the first floor. Please let us know if you use the public restroom so we may wipe it down.
RATES, TAXES, DEPOSITS, PAYMENTS
Rates are based on single/double occupancy except for Friends & Family Suite. All rates are subject to lodging taxes: State 6%; County 5%. A credit card is required to secure the reservation and a 50% non-refundable deposit is taken at the time of reservation. The balance will be charged upon your arrival. Reservations made less than ten (10) days before arrival must be paid in full when the reservation is made and are non-refundable. We gladly accept American Express, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa.
Plans can charge unexpectedly. All deposits are non-refundable. If you cancel your reservation at least eleven (11) days before your arrival date, we will waive the balance due. Cancellations made less than eleven (11) days before your arrival will result in partial refund of the balance owed-only if we were able to re-rent the room. Cancellations must be in writing and are not effective until received by the Inn. Please Note: No refunds available during Holiday weeks, Medieval Congress (May), College Graduations (April/June), USTA Boys Tennis Championships (August), National Street Rod Car Show (September), and College Reunions (October).
CHECK IN/CHECK OUT
Check in is at 4p.m. If you need to arrive earlier, our Priority Check-in ($25) will get you into your room as early as 2p.m. Don’t need the room? Feel free to park in our lot as early as noon (no charge), walk to town, tour the college, or meet up with that friend at her favorite coffee shop. Join us at our regular check in time.
Not able to make it by 4pm? Later check-in can be arranged and depending on the time, may include a convenience fee. Please contact the Innkeeper if arrangements need to be made to accommodate flight delays or other unforeseen conditions. Check out is 11a.m.
PARKING, SMOKING, BREAKFAST
Complimentary off-street parking is available behind the Inn. There is no smoking in the Inn (that includes e-cigarettes). Breakfast is served in the dining room between 7am and 9am weekdays, and between 8am and 10am weekends and Holidays.
COVID-19 Update: We continue to offer a full breakfast prepared with fresh local ingredients customized to your dietary needs. Breakfast is served in our main dining room or on our outdoor patio in good weather. Should our guest count require it, we will have two breakfast settings to accommodate social distancing as the minimum distance between any breakfast tables at the B&B is 6 feet.
DAMAGE TO/REMOVAL OF INN PROPERTY
At Stuart Avenue Inn, we are dedicated to protecting your privacy and safeguarding your personally identifiable information.
Our main purpose in collecting your personal information is to provide you with a streamlined experience in making reservations at Stuart Avenue Inn. We only collect information about you that we consider necessary for achieving this. Personally identifiable information is only obtained when making a reservation. All identifiable information provided will not be disclosed to anyone unless we are specifically requested to do so. Stuart Avenue Inn does not give or sell to anyone any information we collect on our site.
We sometimes use data collection devices such as “cookies” on certain pages of the Site to measure effectiveness and safety. A “cookie” is a small file that gets placed on your harddrive that helps us provide our services. You are free to decline cookies if you choose to.
At Stuart Avenue Inn, we take security seriously. When users make a reservation we use every precaution to safe guard it online and offline.
Your payment and personal information is always safe. Our Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software is the industry standard and encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read over the internet.
Stuart Avenue Inn may amend this Privacy Statement from time to time in order to meet changes in the regulatory environment, business needs, or to satisfy the needs of our guests, properties, strategic marketing partners, and service providers.
ADA WEBSITE COMPLIANCE
Our goal is to provide a wonderful experience in the desirable location of Kalamazoo, MI. We have built our site with ADA compliance in mind and have utilized available tools such as achecker.ca and Google Chrome’s ADA compatibility diagnostic tools. Please be aware that our efforts are ongoing. If you have difficulty navigating our website or booking a room at our inn, we ask you to contact us via telephone or email and our helpful staff will be happy to assist you.
Chris and Dana
Stuart Avenue Inn
229 Stuart Ave
Kalamazoo, Mi. 49007
We work very hard to provide an easy-to-use online experience for all guests. We believe all of our website visitors should be able to easily research online on http://www.stuartavenueinn.com regardless of device type and whether an individual requires assistive technology. If you have any questions or would like to report any issues related to the accessibility features of our property’s website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org