Despite what this policy might suggest, we are fairly relaxed Innkeepers. We have had, and traveled with, numerous pets, our latest being Arlo. Learn more about Arlo here
As it has been said that behind every policy is a person (or pet) — we have distilled our 10+ years of hosting guests (and pets) to the following guidelines. Take a moment to read this, as you will be asked to sign this at check-in. Adherence to these guidelines ensures the comfort of all our guests, and protects people, pets, and property.
- There is a $25 per night pet fee. There is no charge for legitimate SERVICE DOGS who have been individually trained to do work or perform tasks for an individual with a disability. To protect our rooms and property we provide a pet blanket and colored pet towels to be used on your pet. We also provide stainless steel water and food dishes on a rubber mat in the room and several waste bags. We have a garden that is completely fenced in, and available for you and your pet
- Pets must be up to date with vaccinations; well socialized with other animals and people; and on a flea prevention program.
- Pets must be kept on a leash and under guest’s control when outside.
- Pets may not be left in the rooms unless the guest/owner is on the premises.
- Waste bags are provided and waste it to be disposed of in the trash can located in the rear of the Inn.
- Pets are not to be put in the tub, shower, or on guest beds, chairs, or couches. Evidence of such will result in a $100 cleaning penalty.
- Any accidents are to be reported to the Innkeeper promptly.
- Pet owners agree to assume financial responsibility for any damage caused by their pet during their stay.
These guidelines may be modified at the Innkeeper’s discretion.